Unless you’ve been living under a rock, then you’ve heard about our new partnership with Five Senses Reeling – one of the biggest and coolest LGBTQ+ event producers in North America.
This year, they’re bringing Miz Cracker’s one-woman show, “American Woman” to cities across the U.S. and Canada, and they gave us a once-in-a-lifetime chance to go up close and personal with this Drag Race favorite.
The Dr. Dill mastermind gave us the inside scoop on everything from what inspired her to get into drag to her most embarrassing on-stage moment. She didn’t shy on the details and, believe us, we were gobbling it up. Read on to learn more about this New York legend and find out more about her new tour (and Five Senses Reeling) in the app – tickets go on sale Friday, February 7th @ 10 a.m. PST.
Werkin’ It Out (EXCLUSIVE) with Miz Cracker
1. What inspired you to start doing drag?
I never wanted to start drag! But after I met Bob the Drag Queen, he started nagging me to do drag with him, even after I told him I had no interest. When I finally broke down and let him paint my face, that’s when I got hooked.
2. If you were stranded on an island – and had to pick 3 other drag artists to take with you – who would they be?
If you’re on a desert island, you want to be informed and entertained, so I would bring my three muses: Naomi Smalls, Farrah Moan, and Alyssa Edwards. We’d have a small change of survival, but we’d end our days with good stories and a shine kit.
3. What country haven’t you visited (that you’d love to)?
I would love to try my High School Level French in Paris. There’s so much drag history in that city, having a chance to perform there would be incredible.
4. What’s the 1 song you’ve always wanted to perform live or what’s your favorite song to perform live?
There’s no song I’ve always wanted to perform—because if I like it I do it. But my favorite song to perform live is probably Respect by Aretha Franklin.
5. What’s your craziest party trick or on-stage gag?
I love doing a double pirouette into a death drop. It gives the audience a little jump, like, “Oh, she’s doing some nice ballet WAIT she’s killing us with dance moves!”
6. How’d you get your drag name? Is there a story behind it?
My drag name comes from my favorite snack, Brie on a Cracker, because I used to be Brianna Cracker. I dropped the cheese somewhere a long the way…
7. If you weren’t doing drag, what would you be doing?
If I weren’t in drag, I legitimately would be a barista at a coffee shop. I want to do a job that makes people happy, and just requires me to show up with a good attitude. Which I always have when I am around coffee.
8. If you could click your fingers and have one thing done for you every day, what would it be and why?
If I could click my fingers and have one thing done for me every day, I would have my wigs washed and reset. Honestly, it takes 30 mins to wash, an hour to boil, an hour to curl, and overnight to dry… It’s the worst.
9. What is the wackiest, weirdest or most cringeworthy thing that’s ever happened while you were performing?
I once peed myself while hosting a viewing party. I’ll just leave that there.
Miz Cracker’s new show – American Woman – is coming to a city near you. Save the date and stay updated on all the latest giveaway news, announcements and more. With the only app made for drag fans and drag artists like you!