Last week, we were lucky enough to get up-close-and personal with the stunning Rhea Litré – one of the most electric, talented and jaw-dropping drag performers out there.
She let us in on all the good stuff (and the important stuff), including what inspired her to get into drag, how her name came about and the 3 drags she’d take with her to a desert island. Ya know…the good stuff!
Find out more about what makes this legend tick and get ready to fall in love – just like we did.
Werkin’ it Out with Rhea Litré
1. What inspired you to start doing drag?
2. If you were stranded on a desert island – and had to pick 3 other drag artists to take with you – who would they be?
3. What country haven’t you visited (that you’d love to)?
4. What’s the 1 song you’ve always wanted to perform live or what’s your favorite song to perform live?
Lovergirl By Teena Marie!
5. Tell us more about your regular shows. What’s Makeout Mondayz like? Ash Wednesdays?
#MakeoutMondayz @ FUBAR is all about the Drag Show at 12:30! It’s an Industry Hotspot where you can catch your fave nightlife personalities letting their hair down and having fun. We have GoGo Dancers and a hunky #MCM Every Week! There is NO COVER CHARGE and cocktails are $5 all night long!
#AshWeHo @ The World Famous Abbey has the most poppin Dancefloor on Wednesday Night! It’s about the Music! A rotating cast of International Superstar DJ’s and a LIVE performance at Midnight by Queer Artists and Allies! #MeetMeAtTheAbbey
6. What’s your craziest party trick or on-stage gag?
As if! I don’t have a gag reflex!
7. Is there are story behind your name? If not, how’d you choose it?
Rhea is the mother of all the Greek Gods and Litré is the name of a rock that Apollo gave to her.
8. If you weren’t doing drag, what would you be doing?
Before drag I loved my job as a publicist. I would 100% still be doing that. I still am in a way, I do it for myself.
9. If you could click your fingers and have 1 thing done for you every day, what would it be? Makeup? Cooking? It could be anything!
Get in full drag 😍 that would be epic.
10. What is the wackiest, weirdest or most cringeworthy thing that’s ever happened while you were performing?
I shat myself.
Find Rhea’s upcoming appearance dates and gigs in the only event app #MadeForDrag. Tell your friends it’s like BandsInTown – but for queer people. Download it now on the App Store (Android coming soon).